January 10, 2014

DIY: Dress Shopping Signage

Last summer, one of my bests got engaged.  I am so honoured that she invited me to be one of her bridesmaids.  

One of my first duties as a bridesmaid was going dress shopping with the lovely bride.  This is also known as "my favourite thing to do...EVER".  

In order to prepare for said day, I thought that it would be fun to go in with signs that would tell the soon-to-be Mrs. which dresses we loved and which dresses we hated.  

Here's the final signage that was put together: 



Each bridesmaid had 3 signs.  Essentially, there was a 'Yes', 'Maybe', and 'No' sign.  To get a little more creative, I changed the wording of the signs to the following combos:


- Absolutely / Hmmm... / Unthinkable
- Yay :) / Meh :| / Boo :( (seen above)
- Mais, Oui! / Je ne sais pas / Non! (seen above) 

I tried to make them a bit humorous to make the bride laugh when seeing them for the first time.  

First lesson learned: I'm, sadly, just not that funny!
Second lesson learned: How did I ever go without Washi tape?!  It's my new best friend.

How to make this happen...

1. Gather your supplies: 

  • Card Stock (white and the colour of your choice)
  • Washi Tape
  • Paper punch (I used a heart shaped one)
  • Yes / Maybe / No sayings printed on plain paper

2. Get creative and start crafting some signs.  I would suggest using the white card stock as your base.

3. Present signs when dress shopping!


That's it! You're done!

Another idea:
The bride could hold the signs when shopping for bridesmaid dresses and display them to her ladies.  


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment