September 11, 2012

Real Weddings: Macarons, Macarons, Macarons!

For most, wedding season is just about ending.  But for me, it's only about half way done.  A couple of weeks ago, we attended our third wedding of the summer (only 3 more to go!) 

I have never been to a wedding that was so enriched with Asian culture.  It was a welcome change from what we are used to.  There were a couple of things that truly stood out to me: 



  • The ceremony was short and sweet.  It was beautifully done on the terrace of a country club. 
  • After dinner, the bride changed into a traditional Chinese outfit.  It was bright red, strapless and heavily embroidered.  It was like nothing I have ever seen before.  Gorgeous!
  • Post-outfit change, there was a traditional tea ceremony, where the bride and groom served tea to their parents.  The bride was then showered with gold jewellery.  
  • Now for my favourite part: the wedding favour.  At each place setting there was a clear box containing 2 macarons. Now, I love macarons, so this idea was ingenious to me.  One of my favourite things about macarons as a wedding favour is that they can be dyed any colour to follow the theme of the wedding.  In this case, the macarons were 2 different colours: cream and pink to match the theme of the day.  They went perfectly with the wedding cake and centrepieces.  
Here are a couple of pics...



Hope this post has left you dreaming about macarons and all things unique!  

:)







No comments:

Post a Comment