July 18, 2012

New Craze: Donuts


Word on the street is that gourmet donuts are the new cupcakes. Now, I'm not sure how much the whole wedding cake being substituted by cupcakes, being substituted by donuts has been done, but I am convinced that it is about to start happening a whole lot more!


Reasons to love this idea:
  1. Who doesn't like donuts? Seriously! Can you name one person?
  2. Some people just aren't down with the traditional wedding cake.  And if you are one of these people, know that you have options. 
  3. It's so different - for now! Like I said: I am convinced that the donut is going to become the next cupcake. How cool would it be to do this before anyone else you know does?
  4. So many things can be done with this: have a mini donut buffet, create a donut tower, serve gourmet donuts as the dessert course to a formal dinner...to name a few.


To get you thinking of the possibilities (and, of course, to make you crave this deliciousness) I have included a few images, courtesy of Jelly Modern Doughnuts. In my research for this post, I came across the website of this gourmet donut bakery, located in Calgary, Alberta. I could not stop gawking at their creations! Take a look and enjoy. 

:)








{Photography by: Ryan Monson}

No comments:

Post a Comment